Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At D-Orbit, we're pioneering the future of space logistics and transportation. Established in 2011, our company is leading the way in helping businesses profitably and sustainably unlock the full potential of the final frontier. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of highly skilled individuals, all driven by a shared passion for innovation and excellence. Join us in our global mission to push the boundaries of what's possible and take your ambition to new heights. Apply now and join us in shaping the future of space.
D-Orbit is hiring a Systems/AIV Lead Engineer to join our growing MAIT/AIV engineering team. As integral part of the group, you will be involved in the design and improvement of Assembly, Integration, and Verification processes of already flight-qualified platforms, such as the ION Satellite Carrier Vehicle.
Your ultimate objective as AIV Lead engineer is to ensure the spacecraft successfully passes all verification steps and is certified ready-for-flight.
Working shoulder-to-shoulder with D-Orbit's manufacturing team and system designers, you will be tasked with preparing and maintaining all necessary verification plans, test requirements and test procedures as well as proposing new ways of testing and assembling spacecraft.
You will also work closely with our Product Assurance Managers during the investigation of nonconformances.
· Design and maintain overall spacecraft and subsystems verification plans.
· Write and define Test Requirements.
· Review and approve test procedures, including customization phases related to Payloads testing.
· Work closely with the quality team for inspections, investigations and non-conformance.
· Work on the improvement and optimization of current processes, with emphasis on the definition of the architecture of scripts to automate functional testing on the spacecraft.
· Propose changes in the design of the spacecrafts in order to ease integration, testing and operability (design-for-maintainability).
· Authoring of technical documents.
· Responsible for ensuring that our working modes and testing are standardized, optimized, and current.
This role will involve occasional travel to supplier and test facilities and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
· 3-5 years of professional experience working as System AIV Engineer within the Aerospace industry.
· Knowledge in System Engineering and system-level knowledge of all spacecraft subsystems
· Familiarity with relevant testing procedures and standards (e.g., ECSS).
· Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Test (functional testing, Electrical bonding/isolation, Vibration, TVAC).
· Experience in writing test requirements, validation plans and test procedures.
· Basic understanding of software coding.
· Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
· Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team.
· Excellent organizational & prioritization skills.
· Professional proficiency in English.
· Degree in Aerospace/Space Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or related discipline
· Clean room experience.
· Hands-on experience with electronic laboratory equipment and tools (oscilloscope, power supply, electronic load, ...)
· Knowledge in RF test equipment (Spectrum Analyzer, VNA) is a strong asset.
· Proficient in working with Linux environments.
· Knowledge in Python is a strong asset.
· Knowledge in CSP (CubeSat Space Protocol)
· Experience with data interfaces such as CAN, RS422/485, I2C, SPI.
· Fluency in Italian.
At D-Orbit, diversity and inclusivity are not just values, they are integral to our mission and the way we operate. We are committed to fostering an environment where all individuals are respected, valued, and celebrated for their unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is not only the right thing to do, but it also leads to better decision making, innovation, and overall success.
We actively strive to build a culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, and where all voices are heard and valued. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone feels safe, supported, and empowered to share their ideas, and where everyone is given equal opportunities to grow and excel. We believe that our differences make us stronger, and we will continue to work diligently to create an inclusive culture at D-Orbit that reflects this belief.