D-Orbit is a market leader in the space logistics and transportation services industry with a track record of space-proven technologies and successful missions. Committed to helping companies profitably and sustainably maximize the opportunities to do business in space today and into the future, the company has developed proprietary space logistics technology and transportation solutions that will accelerate the growth and development of a trillion-dollar space economy, including human expansion into space.
ION Satellite Carrier, the company's core technology, is a space vehicle that can transport satellites in orbit and release them individually into distinct orbital slots; ION can also accommodate multiple third-party payloads like innovative technologies developed by startups, experiments from research entities, and instruments from traditional space companies requiring a test in orbit.
D-Orbit has offices in Italy, Portugal, UK, and the US; its commitment to pursuing business models that are profitable, friendly for the environment, and socially beneficial, led to D-Orbit becoming the first certified B-Corp space company in the world.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team. You will become part of the growing Quality and Product Assurance group. Within this team, you will be involved in all the production processes starting from the incoming of raw parts to the delivery of completed spacecraft.
You will be involved in the implementation and maintenance of quality assurance in all the manufacturing phases of the D-Orbit products and spacecrafts. You will carry out activities to assure the applicable requirements and standards are met in the production process.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performing visual inspections of PCBs, Mechanical parts, Wirings, Subsystems and SpacecrafPerforming checks to production documentation to assure readiness to manufacture.
- Performing validation checks of reports.
- Ensuring compliance of the product with respect to internal and external standards and requirements (monitoring operations, reporting inconsistencies).
- Managing non-conformances, their solution and analysis of root causes.
- Supervisioning critical activities such as Test Campaign and Launch Campaign.
- Assuring instruments calibration in the company.
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
We are looking for the following experience:
- Experience working as a quality inspector
- Experience in the technical domains covered by the position
- Experience with Space Quality Standards (and Space Standards in general), their implementation and of the space industry in general.
- Experience with ISO9001 and/or EN9100 standard is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of electronic inspection standards (Certifications such as ECSS-Q-ST-70-38, ECSS-Q-ST-70-08, ECSS-Q-ST-70-30 are considered a plus).
You will have many of the following skills:
- Capability of working in autonomy
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team setting to meet tight schedules
- Natural inclination in finding weaknesses in processes and proactivity/creativity in finding solutions
At least 1-2 years of proven experience in aerospace quality assurance.
Requested availability for national and non-national business trips for short periods of time 1-2 weeks
Technical High School degree, in any relevant area such as electronic, aerospace or mechanical.
Full English professional proficiency