D-Orbit is a market leader in the space logistics and transportation services industry with a track record of space-proven technologies and successful missions. Committed to helping companies profitably and sustainably maximize the opportunities to do business in space today and into the future, the company has developed proprietary space logistics technology and transportation solutions that will accelerate the growth and development of a trillion-dollar space economy, including human expansion into space.
ION Satellite Carrier, the company's core technology, is a space vehicle that can transport satellites in orbit and release them individually into distinct orbital slots; ION can also accommodate multiple third-party payloads like innovative technologies developed by startups, experiments from research entities, and instruments from traditional space companies requiring a test in orbit.
D-Orbit has offices in Italy, Portugal, UK, and the US; its commitment to pursuing business models that are profitable, friendly for the environment, and socially beneficial, led to D-Orbit becoming the first certified B-Corp space company in the world.
D-Orbit is looking for a Mission Manager to join our Fleet Mission Management team. As Mission Manager you will be responsible for the execution and delivery of D-Orbit's launch services through all phases of operations, including but not limited to mission planning, customer management, launch service management, and post-launch operations delivery. You will lead a cross functional team to ensure the Mission success.
The position requires strong project management skills and the ability to manage individuals and teams.
This role is for an experienced project manager with great attention to detail and excellent people skills who can apply their technical and leadership expertise to accomplish the mission and make our customers happy
- Serve as primary point of contact with Customers during the whole mission execution ensuring mission success and customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage multiple project timelines ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Review and evaluate the mission status on a continuing basis and work unplanned mission issues to a best solution
- Manage mission risks, addressing each risk through mitigation, acceptance, or transfer as appropriate
- Manage exchanges and reviews with the Launch Service provider to ensure approval for flight.
- Negotiate technical trades, and customer waiver requests as appropriate
- Support in-person customer meetings and launch site integration activities
- Manage mission budgets to achieve company targets
- Ensure that mission requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed down to the internal team.
- Interface with internal engineering, management, and production teams to ensure on-time execution of the mission
- Collaborate with Engineering team to assess the readiness of the platform for flight.
- Collaborate to continuously develop and improve D-Orbit's mission management program and processes
- Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience on technical project management;
- 3+ years of experience in the aerospace industry;
- Experience in launch vehicles, launch campaign and spacecraft preparatory for flight activities.
- Experience with spacecraft build, manufacture, and test
- Technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in space technologies;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in team and individually;
- Leadership, management and team coordination skills;
- Good Knowledge of software tools for PM support like Microsoft Project;
- PMP certification is a plus.
Advanced University degree (Master's degree or equivalent) preferably in Aerospace Engineering or Management Engineering.
Full professional proficiency of English language is mandatory.