D-Orbit is a market leader in the space logistics and transportation services industry with a track record of space-proven technologies and successful missions. Committed to helping companies profitably and sustainably maximize the opportunities to do business in space today and into the future, the company has developed proprietary space logistics technology and transportation solutions that will accelerate the growth and development of a trillion-dollar space economy, including human expansion into space.
ION Satellite Carrier, the company's core technology, is a space vehicle that can transport satellites in orbit and release them individually into distinct orbital slots; ION can also accommodate multiple third-party payloads like innovative technologies developed by startups, experiments from research entities, and instruments from traditional space companies requiring a test in orbit.
D-Orbit has offices in Italy, Portugal, UK, and the US; its commitment to pursuing business models that are profitable, friendly for the environment, and socially beneficial, led to D-Orbit becoming the first certified B-Corp space company in the world.
D-Orbit is hiring technicians to join our growing launch campaign team. As integral part of the group, you will be involved in the preparation of the logistics and procedural aspects of the final integration activities of a satellite and then, partecipate to the launch campaign activities directly at the launch sites.
For each mission, you will work with the launch campaign team to curate the flight preparation of the satellite and its payloads, getting in touch with multisciplinary aspects of the space applications.
You will interface with the Fleet Engineering team, and give your contribute to all technical aspects behind of the final spacecraft assembly, such as mechanical integration, electrical integration, software configuration and propulsion system preparation to flight.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare and partecipate to Launch Campaign activities;
- Support Launch campaign logistics;
- Support satellite final integration activities;
- Support of all the propulsion activities;
- Customer's payloads integration and preparation to flight;
- AIT procedures issue and maintenance;
- Procedure compiling;
- Attend refresher courses;
- Launch Campaign Team evolution support, including but not limited to Hardware, software and processes development.
We are interested in speaking to people with a minimum of one to three years of experience working in manufacturing activities.
- One to three years of working experience in aerospace/automotive industry;
- Experience with pressurized systems;
- Experience in mechanical integration;
- Experience in software configuration;
- Proficiency in test procedures and reports authoring;
- Proficient in using electronic lab instruments (oscilloscope, multimeter, vector network analyzer, power supply, electronic load, etc);
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team;
- Knowledge of electronics, electrical connections and hardware components;
- Knowledge of the Office package: Word and Excel;
- Eligible to work temporarly in US and other location;
- Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems;
- Experience with environmental test activities;
- Knowledge of RF systems;
- Knowledge of manual soldering;
- Knowledge of Linux, in particular Ubuntu OS;
- Knowledge of Github;
- Knowledge of common electronic interfaces like CAN, UART, RS-422, Ethernet;
- Knowledge of Python;
- Crane certifications;
- Forklift certifications;
- Inhert gases certifications;
- Highschool Technical diploma in Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanics or equivalent practical experience.
- This role requires professional proficiency in English B1 level or higher.