Are you ready to take your career to new heights?
At D-Orbit, we're pioneering the future of space logistics, transportation and infrastructure. Established in 2011, our company is leading the way in helping businesses profitably and sustainably unlock the full potential of the final frontier. With a strong commitment to advancing both new and traditional space businesses, our mission is to empower companies to maximize their opportunities and achieve profitable and sustainable growth in the dynamic realm of space. Our services encompass launch and deployment solutions, state-of-the-art avionics systems, mission control capabilities, and innovative end-of-life solutions As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of highly skilled individuals, all driven by a shared passion for innovation and excellence. Join us in our global mission to push the boundaries of what's possible and take your ambition to new heights. Apply now and join us in shaping the future of space.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Technology Engineering team
What you will do: tasks and responsibilities
• Conduct mechanical requirements review, ensuring compliance with ECSS standards.
• Coordinate and lead technical activities, defining and planning the tasks for a team of approximately 5 people.
• Collaborate with project managers to estimate costs and timelines for projects.
• Act as the technical interface with other internal technical areas and external suppliers.
• Define high-level mechanical activities for spacecraft projects, including planning the AIV process, reviewing test procedures, reviewing and drafting qualification plans.
• Develop a comprehensive mechanical item design plan, outlining the approach, methodology, and resources required for mechanical design activities.
• Provide support and expertise in the detailed design of components using CAD and FEM tools.
• Proven experience in managing aerospace projects, demonstrating familiarity with ECSS standards and requirements.
• Expertise in effectively coordinating and leading teams, ensuring efficient task delegation, and achieving project objectives within specified timelines.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and address mechanical issues during design and development stages.
• Expertise in CAD and FEM tools.
· We are interested in speaking to people with at least 6 years of professional experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in the aerospace sector
- University degree (Masters) in the Mechanical/Aeronautic Engineering.
- This role requires professional proficiency in English and Italian
At D-Orbit, diversity and inclusivity are not just values, they are integral to our mission and the way we operate. We are committed to fostering an environment where all individuals are respected, valued, and celebrated for their unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is not only the right thing to do, but it also leads to better decision-making, innovation, and overall success.
We actively strive to build a culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, and where all voices are heard and valued. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone feels safe, supported, and empowered to share their ideas, and where everyone is given equal opportunities to grow and excel. We believe that our differences make us stronger, and we will continue to work diligently to create an inclusive culture at D-Orbit that reflects this belief.