We are looking for a Junior Product Assurance and Safety Engineer to join our team. You will become part of the growing Quality and Product Assurance group, supporting product assurance and safety of institutional projects at D-Orbit. Within this team, you will be part of the quality of assigned projects and technology developments.
You will be involved in the development, implementation and maintenance of product assurance and the related safety engineering and management program. You will carry out technological research (R&D) in the fields of PA&S management, techniques, methodologies and tools. You will collaborate in standardization and training activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparing and implementing project-specific programmatic and technical documentation starting from the applicable product and quality assurance baseline.
- Supporting tailoring and statement of compliance on externally provided project requirements.
- Ensuring compliance of the product with respect to internal and external standards and requirements (monitoring operations, reporting inconsistencies).
- Supporting to monitor and report about supplier PA&S program execution to ensure compliance with applicable requirements;
- Supporting establishment and implementation of standards and best practices in the product and quality assurance field.
- Supporting implementation of the configuration management system under D-Orbit projects.
- Managing non-conformances, their solution and analysis of root causes.
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
We are looking for the following experience:
- Experience working within a quality assurance environment
- Experience in the technical domains covered by the position
- Experience with Space Quality Standards (and Space Standards in general), their implementation and of the space industry in general.
- Experience with ISO9001 and/or EN9100 standard is considered an asset.
- Experience working with requirements management tool.
You will have many of the following skills:
- The capability of working in autonomy
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team setting to meet tight schedules
- Knowledge of any topics within configuration management, quality auditing or assessor certification is considered a plus
At least 2years of proven experience in space product assurance activities in multiple complex projects, working with institutions is required.
Bachelor or higher engineering degree, in any relevant area such as electronic, aerospace or mechanical/materials engineering.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.