- 3-4 years' experience in relevant activities → Specialist System Engineer
About this role
D-Orbit is hiring a system engineer to join our growing system engineering team. As integral part of the group, you will be involved in both the customization of already flight-qualified platforms, such as the ION Satellite Carrier Vehicle, and the design of new advanced missions. Your ultimate objective as system engineer is to ensure your system, the spacecraft, will fly safe to orbit, deliver the services required by mission objectives and eventually successfully accomplish its disposal.
You will work together with other system engineers, following the full design and development cycle of the system product, starting from the preliminary design and the requirements capture, preliminary system architecture and detailed system/subsystem design, analysis and trade-off, definition of the verification campaign, test plan and procedures, execution of the tests on first prototypes and final requirements compliance assessment. You will interface with the procurement team for scouting of new technologies and support in the procurement process of flight parts, with the PM team for periodic reporting, planning and management, with the manufacturing team and the AIV team for the definition of the test plan, procedures, and setup, and with the flight ops team to support the definition of the operational plan and procedures of the maiden on-orbit mission.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall spacecraft and subsystems design;
- System and subsystems budgeting;
- Coordinate the integration of different subsystems;
- Mission/project requirements capturing & management;
- Interface with and support AIV team and related activities;
- Interface with manufacturing;
- Support to the system test plan, procedures, and setup definition;
- Authoring of Technical documents
- We are interested in speaking to people with a minimum of three years of experience working in spacecraft systems design.
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles and system-level knowledge of all spacecraft subsystems;
- Knowledge of data busses architectures;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team;
- Experience in the use of Matlab and Python;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Mission analysis software (GMAT/orekit);
- Working experience on Earth observation applications;
- Confluence and YOGI requirements experience;
- Knowledge of Linux.
- University degree preferably in the fields of Aerospace/Space Engineering.
- This role requires professional proficiency in English.